TWC WiFi Deployment Overview
- Time Warner Cable has built a multi-million dollar WiFi network offering more than 20,000 hot spots available at no cost to Time Warner Cable Standard Internet customers and above and all TWC Business Class Internet customers. The service also is available on a pay-as-you-go basis to non-subscribers starting as low as $2.95/hour.
- TWC WiFi deployment is underway across several markets including Southern California, New York City, Austin, Kansas City, Charlotte and Hawaii.
- In the spring of 2013 the WiFi deployment began in Austin with 150 hotspots. Today, there are 900 hotspots in high traffic areas where Austin lives, works and plays. The number of hotspots will grow to 1,350 by the end of 2013 with plans for future expansion in 2014.
- TWC WiFi was first launched in Los Angeles in September 2011. Today, the network there includes more than 12,000 hotspots and spans more than 300 miles across Southern California providing on-the-go access to content at popular locations like parks, shopping districts, beaches, cafes and other destinations.
- In 2013, TWC began a major WiFi deployment in NYC where it currently offers 4,500+ TWC WiFi Hotspots across Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Brooklyn. By yearend 2013, TWC plans to deploy up to 10,000 hotspots across NYC.
TWC WiFi Benefits
- With TWC WiFi, customers can connect to the Internet while on the go at no additional cost, bringing significant extra value to their Internet service.
- Customers who use TWC WiFi can save money on their cellular data plan for all mobile devices, for the whole family. They can scale back on their data plan and use TWC WiFi for free.
- TWC customers also have access to 200,000+ hotspots across the country through the Cable WiFi® network name, including in major cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Tampa and more.
Finding and Connecting to TWC WiFi
- It’s easy and convenient for customers to find, connect and sign in to TWC WiFi and Cable WiFi:
- Download TWC’s free WiFi Finder app, available in Google Play and the Apple App Store or visit www.twc.com/wificoverage to view the hotspot coverage map.
- Sign-in using the same user name/password used to manage their online TWC account.
- After first sign-in, customers are automatically connected when in range of a TWC or Cable WiFi Hotspot.