Video Customers Gain Access to Live Coverage of Every Event on Multiple Platforms
STAMFORD, CONN. – Charter, in agreement with NBCUniversal, has announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23. Charter’s video customers will have access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms. In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network, subscribers can stay connected to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, America’s premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a watershed moment for “TV Everywhere,” helping to drive awareness and usage.
“Charter customers will have access to a selection of Olympic viewing experiences via NBC’s HD TV, online, mobile, and on demand platforms,” said Rich DiGeronimo, Charter senior vice president, Product & Strategy. “Having the opportunity to watch live NBCUniversal Olympic programming on multiple platforms is as close to being in the stands at each event in Sochi as you can get.”
The following multiplatform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Charter customers to watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on Charter Includes:
NBCOlympics.com: NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes USA Network, NBC Sports Network, CNBC or MSNBC and who log in to the site. NBCOlympics.com will feature, for the first time, live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Charter customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers, who log in and verify their subscriptions by February 6, the first day of competition at the Sochi Games, can enter the NBC Olympics Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro in 2014, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Charter customers should follow the verification process to access NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com.
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Verify Now” button
- Select Charter as your cable provider
- Enter the email address or My Account username, password and service address zip code that corresponds with your account. (If you don’t have a username and password, please visit Charter at https://www.myaccount.charter.com/order/login.aspx.
- Upon verification of your subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device!
- Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified Charter customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
- On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and select event rewinds available via Charter’s Video-On-Demand service. The content will be available in the Primetime Free folder: NBC/2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Pre-Games: Viewers can access more than 100 pre-Games clips via set-top box and Charter’s website, including select highlights from the U.S. Olympic Team Trials.
- In-Games: Each day during the Sochi Games, NBCUniversal will offer a digital figure skating show called “Olympic Ice.” Also during the Games, NBCUniversal will offer more than 350 highlight clips and 150 full-length event replays available within 24 hours of an event’s completion, available both via NBCOlympics.com and set-top box.
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN FEBRUARY 6, 2014
With more Winter Olympic events than ever before, competition for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, will begin one day prior to the Opening Ceremony. As a result, NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, February 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday February 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, February 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (men’s and women’s), in which two-time gold medalist Shaun White is expected to compete in the slopestyle’s Olympic debut; team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and women’s freestyle moguls.
Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter TV® video entertainment programming, Charter Internet® access, and Charter Phone®. Charter Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media® brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
NBCUniversal Content Distribution Media Contacts:
Christine Reisner, [email protected]
Khalan Boyer, [email protected]
Charter Media Contact:
Brian Anderson, [email protected]