Sen. Perry, State Reps. Frullo, Burrows join students to honor local Vets on Tuesday
U.S. Senator Charles Perry, State Representative John Frullo and newly-elected State Representative Dustin Burrows will join students and faculty members in honoring hometown heroes at a Take a Veteran to School Day program at Lubbock-Cooper High School, Tuesday, Nov. 11. The Take a Veteran to School Day project is part of a national initiative by the History Channel and Suddenlink, which provides cable services in Lubbock. Breakfast will be provided for veterans, followed by a formal program that will be presented at an assembly in the gymnasium.
Take a Veteran to School Day
Lubbock-Cooper High School, 16302 493 Loop
Tuesday, Nov. 11 – 9:15 a.m. to 10:10 a.m.
- 9:15 Welcome, student Lauren McCamy
- 9:17 “Star Spangled Banner” – Lubbock-Cooper Varsity Band
- 9:20 Presentation of the flag and pledge, student Riley Edmister
- 9:21 Introduction of guest speaker, student Kodey Vann
Guest speaker, WWII Veteran Howard Mercer
- 9:32 Introduction of Lubbock-Cooper Choir, student Cole Cunningham
“Salute to the Armed Forces” – Lubbock-Cooper Choir
- 9:35 Presentation of the Veterans, student Sydney Taylor
- 9:40 Recognition of the Veterans, student Cole Cunningham
- 9:41 “Battle Hymn of the Republic” – Lubbock-Cooper Varsity Band
- 9:45 Introduction of key note speaker, student Lauren McCamy
Key note speaker, Major General Steve McCamy
- 10:00 Moment of silence, student Claire Cleveland
- 10:02 Taps, Lubbock-Cooper Varsity Band
- 10:05 “America the Beautiful” – Lubbock-Cooper Choir
- 10:10 Closing remarks, student Riley Edmister
Photos: Cameras are welcome during the presentation.
Interviews: Interviews available before or after event.
Alona Beesinger, Suddenlink Marketing Manager, 806-771-6253
Rebekka Berryhill, Lubbock-Cooper High School, 806-863-7100