Local Veterans Will Be Honored Wednesday
Chief Master Sergeant JoAnne Bass and Mayor Dwain Morrison will join students and faculty members in honoring hometown heroes at a Take a Veteran to School Day program at San Angelo’s Lee Middle School, Wednesday, Nov. 11. The Take a Veteran to School Day project is part of a national initiative by the History Channel and Suddenlink, which provides cable services in San Angelo.
What: Take a Veteran to School Day
Where: Boy’s Gym, Lee Middle School, 2500 Sherwood Way
When: Wednesday, Nov. 11 – 2:30 p.m.
- 2:30 Welcome, Mr. Rex Stephenson, Lee Middle School History TeacherMusic by Lee Middle School Band, Band Director George Clark
- Music by Lee Middle School Orchestra, Orchestra Director Robert Rumph
- Presentation of Colors by Central ROTC Honor Guard
- “National Anthem” by LMS Choir, Choir Director Julie Hamil
- 2:45 Armed Forces on Parade, announced by Mayor Dwain Morrison
- 2:50 Student reading of “Flanders Field,” followed by song by LMS Choir
- “Hymn to the Fallen” and “Battle Hymn to the Republic”
- 3:00 Guest Speaker, Chief Master Sergeant Joanne S. Bass, 17th Training Wing, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
- 3:20 Class door decorating contest winner announcement
- Essay Contest Winner Presentation, iPad mini prize provided by Suddenlink
- 3:25 Moment of Silence, followed by Veterans Day video
- 3:30 Assembly concludes
Photos/ Cameras are welcome during the presentation. Photos must be previewed by school officials for student photo release prior to publication.
Interviews: Interviews available before or after event.