State Reps. Frullo and Burrows join students to honor local Vets on Wednesday
State Representatives John Frullo and Dustin Burrows will join students and faculty members in honoring hometown heroes at a Take a Veteran to School Day program at Lubbock-Cooper High School, Wednesday, Nov. 11. The Take a Veteran to School Day project is part of a national initiative by the History Channel and Suddenlink, which provides cable services in Lubbock. Breakfast will be provided for veterans, followed by a formal program that will be presented at an assembly. Vietnam Veteran Mike Travis will serves as keynote speaker.
What: Take a Veteran to School Day
Where: Lubbock-Cooper High School, 16302 493 Loop
Who: Vietnam Veteran Mike Travis
- State Representative John Frullo
- State Representative Dustin Burrow
- Lubbock-Cooper High School Principal Angie Inklebarger and other school faculty and administrators
- Suddenlink Representatives
When: Wednesday, Nov. 11
- 8:30 a.m. breakfast (cafeteria)
- 9:15 a.m. assembly (gymnasium)
Photos/ Cameras are welcome during the presentation.
Interviews: Interviews available before or after event.
- Alona Beesinger firstname.lastname@example.org 806-771-6253
- Rebekka Berryhill, Lubbock-Cooper High School, 806-863-7100