Students, guests to honor local Vets on Wednesday
John Fontenot, founder of the Veterans Resource Center at Stephen F. Austin State University, will join students and faculty members in honoring hometown heroes at a Take a Veteran to School Day program at Raguet Elementary School, Wednesday, Nov. 11. The Take a Veteran to School Day project is part of a national initiative by the History Channel and Suddenlink, which provides cable services in Nacogdoches.
What: Take a Veteran to School Day
Where: Raguet Elementary School, 2708 Raguet St.
When: Wednesday, Nov. 11, 7:45 – 9 a.m. (cafeteria)
- Welcome: Music Teacher Tracy Cole
- What is a Veteran?: John Fontenot, Veterans Resource Center
- “Star Spangled Banner”: 3rd grade
- My Favorite Veteran: Teachers
- Flag folding and meaning: Flag Patrol
- “Grand Old Flag”: 3rd grade
- Salute to the Armed Forces: recognizing veterans in attendance
- Closing Remarks: Tracy Cole
- “This Land is Your Land”: 3rd grade
- Guest Speaker John Fontenot, founder, Veterans Resource Center at SFASU
- Fredonia Elementary Principal Nancy Chapa, school faculty and students
- Suddenlink Technical Operations Supervisor James Cartwright
Photos/ Cameras are welcome during the presentation.
Interviews: Interviews available before or after event.
- Jerry Oney email@example.com, 936-234-0115
- Tracy Cole, Raguet Elementary, firstname.lastname@example.org 936-569-5052