Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) will be joined by Texas State Rep. Helen Giddings on June 28 to commemorate the introduction of a new low-cost, high-speed broadband service, Spectrum Internet Assist, in Texas.
The announcement will be held at 1 p.m. inside the Senior LIFE Center, 240 Veterans Memorial Parkway, Lancaster, Texas 75134.
- Texas State Rep. Helen Giddings
- Tea Walker, Senior LIFE Center Supervisor
- Kirk Dale, Spectrum Area Vice President, Field Operations
Spectrum Internet Assist offers eligible customers low-cost broadband speeds up to 30 Mbps downstream/4 Mbps upstream, three times faster than comparable services offered by competitors, which exceeds the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC’s) definition of “high-speed.” Spectrum Internet Assist includes standard features like email boxes, internet security software and a modem at no additional charge.
“Families throughout Charter’s Texas service area may be eligible for this new low-cost broadband service,” said Rep. Giddings. “I am pleased that Charter recognizes that seniors have a need to stay connected to today’s digital world.”
Spectrum Internet Assist is now available throughout Charter’s Texas service area and throughout its 41-state service area.
“Charter is excited to bring a whole new world of digital access and opportunity to low-income families and seniors. Spectrum Internet Assist is an important next step in providing true high-speed connections to those who would otherwise continue to face a digital inequality in this country,” said Tom Rutledge, Chairman and CEO, Charter Communications.
“It’s crucial for cable and broadband providers like us to play a role in bridging the digital divide so that everyone has access to the information and tools they need to succeed in today’s economy,” Rutledge said.
To assist consumers with the eligibility process and enrollment, Charter has launched a new dedicated Spectrum Internet Assist website: www.SpectrumInternetAssist.com. Prospective enrollees may also call the Spectrum Internet Assist toll-free helpline at 1-844-525-1574 for assistance.
Spectrum Internet Assist Eligibility
- Families with students who participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Seniors who are 65 and older who receive Supplemental Security Income program benefits
- Additional Criteria:
- Current phone and video customers who meet one of the two criteria above may enroll.
- Prospective SIA enrollees cannot have had a Charter/Time Warner Cable/Bright House Networks broadband subscription within 30 days of signing up.
- Eligible participants will not need to undergo a credit check, but they must clear any outstanding debt with Charter, Time Warner Cable or Bright House Networks from the previous 12 months.
Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV™ video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet™ access, and Spectrum Voice™. Spectrum Business™ similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach™ brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.