YNN AVAILABLE TO SAN ANTONIO CUSTOMERS AUG. 27 – SEPT. 15 EXCLUSIVE NEWS COVERAGE TO SHINE SPOTLIGHT ON TEXAS AT RNC AND DNC CONVENTIONS
YNN joining NY1 and News14 Carolina for comprehensive convention coverage
SAN ANTONIO (August 27, 2012) – Time Warner Cable customers in San Antonio will have access to YNN programming on digital channel 890 beginning August 27 – September 15. This temporary access will allow customers to watch exclusive coverage of the Republican National Convention (RNC) (Aug. 27-30) and the Democratic National Convention (DNC) (Sept. 4-6.) YNN, Time Warner Cable’s 24-hour news channel serving the Central Texas area, will join with YNN sister stations NY1 and News14 Carolina to deliver top-to-bottom coverage from the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. YNN Austin is sending their political news team to both conventions to focus specifically on the Texas delegation, along with issues, storylines, and discussions that affect Texas residents. The YNN news team will include anchor Paul Brown, political reporter Alana Rocha, and Capitol Tonight executive producer Sarah Grady.
YNN RNC and DNC convention coverage will include:
- A live Capital Tonight Republican convention show will air live on YNN at 7 p.m. and 10:10 p.m. CST on August 27, 28, 29 and 30. Those shows will also air at 10:10 a.m. the following morning.
- There will be a special RNC recap show that airs on September 1 at 11 a.m and 7 p.m.
- A live Capital Tonight Democratic convention show will air on YNN at 7 p.m. and 10:10 p.m. on September 3, 4, 5, and 6. Those shows will also air at 10:10 a.m. the following morning.
- There will be a special DNC recap show that airs at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. on September 9. The shows, as well as extended interviews and speeches, will be made available on ynn.com.
- The YNN political team will also be blogging their convention experiences and creating photo galleries for the web site, ynn.com.
Of particular interest to San Antonio customers will be coverage of San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro who is confirmed to deliver the keynote address on September 4 at the DNC. For complete YNN coverage of Decision 2012, visit here.
YNN, a part of Time Warner Cable’s News & Local Programming Division, is a 24-hour news channel that covers local news, weather, sports, politics and arts throughout Central Texas. YNN is available to Time Warner Cable subscribers on channels 08 and 1508 HD. YNN also operates a variety of other informative channels that include: YNN Sports (channels 408 and 1509 HD), YNN Weather (channels 358 and 1507 HD), YNN Radar (channel 355), YNN Traffic (channels 348 and 1506 HD) and YNN On Demand (channel 1408). More information and services are available at YNN.com.