CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS JOINS AUSTIN MAYOR STEVE ADLER AND AUSTIN HOUSING AUTHORITY TO PROMOTE LOW-COST, HIGH-SPEED BROADBAND SERVICE FOR CENTRAL TEXANS
AUSTIN (Aug. 15, 2019) –As part of a continuous commitment to expand broadband access, representatives of Charter Communications, Inc. are joining Austin Mayor Steve Adler and the Austin Housing Authority to promote the availability of Spectrum Internet Assist in Central Texas. Spectrum Internet Assist delivers industry-leading 30/4 Mbps broadband speeds to eligible families and seniors.
Charter representatives will join Adler for a special ceremony at the Northgate Apartments. Charter will give 35 new computers to families, some of who will be in attendance, and a financial donation to The Austin Housing Authority. Representatives will explain how the organization’s constituents can take advantage of the Spectrum Internet Assist program.
Spectrum Internet Assist provides eligible customers low-cost broadband speeds three times faster than comparable services, exceeding the Federal Communications Commission’s definition of “high-speed.” Spectrum Internet Assist is now available throughout the company’s 41-state service area.
“Spectrum Internet Assist helps bring a whole new world of digital access and opportunity to low-income families and seniors,” said Kelly Mitchell, director, Government and Community, for Spectrum in Texas. “Spectrum Internet Assist is an important next step in providing true high-speed connections to consumers who would otherwise continue to face a digital inequality in this country. It’s crucial for broadband providers like us to play a role in bridging the digital divide so that everyone has access to the information and tools they need to succeed in today’s economy.”
To assist consumers with the eligibility process and enrollment, Charter hosts a dedicated Spectrum Internet Assist website: www.SpectrumInternetAssist.com. Prospective enrollees may also call the Spectrum Internet Assist toll-free helpline at 1-844-525-1574for assistance.
Spectrum Internet Assist includes:
$14.99/mo. for a 30/4 Mbps speed package
- Includes all standard internet features; e.g., email, security suite
- Includes a modem at no additional charge
$5.00/month for Spectrum WiFi
- Includes a router
- Price cannot be increased during the life of the program
- Activation fee waived
- Spectrum Internet Assist may be bundled with other services at no change in the Spectrum Internet Assist price.
- When adding Spectrum TV® service, current promotions may be applied (existing/new Spectrum Voice® service may be charged at the bundled price).
- Professional installation rates for TV and voice services apply.
- Standard billing and collection processes apply.
Spectrum Internet Assist eligibility
- Families with students who participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Seniors 65 and older who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program benefits
- Additional criteria:
- Current Spectrum TV and Spectrum Voice customers who meet one of the two criteria above may enroll.
- Prospective enrollees cannot have had a broadband subscription from Spectrum within 60 days of signing up.
- Eligible participants will not need to undergo a credit check, but they must clear any outstanding debt with Spectrum from the previous 12 months.
Spectrum is a suite of advanced broadband services offered by Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR), a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Spectrum provides a full range of services, including Spectrum TV®, Spectrum Internet®, Spectrum Voice®, and Spectrum Mobile™. Spectrum Business® similarly provides scalable, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to small and medium sized business organizations, including Internet access, business telephone, and TV services. Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach® brand. Charter’s news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand. More information about Spectrum can be found atspectrum.com.
Senior Manager, Field Communications – Texas