Spectrum and the Texas Cable Association are proud to partner with C-SPAN to bring the all-new C-SPAN Bus to Austin as part of a 14-month 50 Capitals Tour during which it will be visiting all 50 state capitals! The goal for the bus is to visit every state capital by the midterm elections in November 2018.
State legislators, staff and other visitors are invited to check out the bus during its stop at the capitol on Thursday, Nov. 3 from 9:00am to 11:00am. C-SPAN’s Washington Journal program will also be featuring Texas officials during their morning broadcast. The bus will remain in town for C-SPAN’s coverage of the Texas Book Festival over the weekend.
The C-SPAN bus has been traveling the country for the last 24 years in partnership with cable and satellite providers to visit schools and attend community events. Visitors can use interactive tools to learn about the unique public service television network, which produces non-commercial, editorially-balanced, non biased coverage of public affairs and political events, as well as the cable industry’s commitment to funding C-SPAN’s operations.
The new high-tech, interactive C-SPAN Bus includes:
- Access to an exclusive interactive experience available on 11 large-screen tablets featuring C-SPAN programming and myriad of political and educational resources
- Smart TV and classroom area for conversations with students and teachers
- High-definition TV production studio for taped and live programming
- 360-degree video station featuring C-SPAN’s unfiltered coverage of high-profile events and insightful, behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks
- D.C.-themed selfie station where visitors can share their experience through social media