The cable industry substantially impacts the Texas economy by directly providing jobs and through its investment and innovation initiatives.
Cable by the numbers in Texas:
- 3.8 million cable subscribers (FCC December 2016 report, released February 2018)
- 151,527 direct and indirect jobs
- 16,614 cable company workers
- At least 300 employees in each of the state’s congressional districts
- $22.6 billion economic impact
- Over 1,000 cities and communities served
- Texas has the second highest number of broadband subscribers in the United States, trailing only California.